All in all, we had a very nice weekend, despite the anxiety of not knowing Casey's biopsy results. We spent a lot of time finishing up my birthday celebrations, being with my family, and relaxing. We even saw a movie. I had thought we would be on pins and needles all weekend, but we truly did relax. Now, however, it's Sunday night, and I know that for me, it feels like we are on the eve of a very big week. Tomorrow, maybe we'll get the biopsy results from Dr. Rizk, which is something to feel a little anxious about. We have a doctor's appointment with the Sloan Suffolk County satellite office, which may only reveal the biopsy results and proposed treatment plans. However, until we find out Casey's staging, we will not know exactly what treatment plans will be needed. We do know, however, that chemotherapy will be included.
Finally, Casey's mom is coming to visit from North Carolina to be with Casey during this time. He has really been a trooper so far, but I know he is looking forward to having his mom around. I do my best to comfort him, but there's nothing like having your mom around when you are sick.
I'm exhausted just thinking about the week ahead. On a different note, Casey has finally told all of his friends what is going on with him, and of course, all have been supportive. Likewise, my friends and family are still rallying around us. We are truly lucky people to have such wonderful friends and family in our lives. To those who are reading- you know who you are, thank you so much for your love and support. It would be very lonely without knowing that you were thinking of us and praying.
Let's pray for some good news tomorrow or Tuesday. I will be sure to post when we hear something. Casey and I have not shared this blog with too many people yet, but if you are reading this, please feel free to leave a comment. Casey and I would like to know you are reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Praying...hope you don't mind me reading the blog. My name is Kate, I live in London and am daughter of Linda K. in WI, Cathy's friend. I knew Dana and Casey as children (still remember searching for bugs together and such...). I have been and will continue to pray for strength and healing for you all.
Hi Casey,
Aimee got in touch with me this morning and sent me the link to ya'lls blog. Please know that you are in my thoughts now. I'm sending lots of energy your way and positive thoughts for the results of your biopsy. Heartfelt wishes to you for swift healing.
-Alice (Roberts)
Dear Jess and Casey,
I hope it is ok that I am reading and writing in your blog. I love you both so much and truly believe in people sharing their strength and spirit.
You both seem so incredibly strong. There will be some hard days, but with the strength and love of your family and friends, and for each other, you will fight this and win.
You are in my heart and my prayers.
Love you both,
Linda A.
Casey,
You're in the thoughts of my entire family. Thanks to Jess for setting up the blog to keep us all informed. As soon as you guys beat this thing, we'll have to get together and celebrate.
Aimee
Post a Comment