Yay!! Tonight we are celebrating!! We had very special dinner plans tonight to celebrate Casey's last week of chemo. Thanks Cathy! Who can believe that the 12 weeks are over? It's been a rough week for me- I was in bed with a migraine nearly all day Wednesday and Thursday, which is why I did not get around to posting anything. Casey went off to chemo alone on Thursday, and he said all the chemo nurses came over to him to say goodbye. Dr. M felt Casey needed a blood transfusion since his hemoglobin was so low, but decided against it since it was the last week of chemo and Casey wasn't feeling as sick as his counts indicated.
So chemo is done, and Casey is off to his PET scan on Tuesday to see if there is still some activity going on near his biopsy spot. If there is still some activity there, he may need another biopsy, but we're hoping he is A-ok to move forward with radiation.
We kicked off this weekend with a great dinner at a steakhouse in the city. We were so happy the whole night, we couldnt wipe the smiles off- even when Casey realized he had dropped his pants on his way from the car and when he found them they were covered in mud. Although I have to do some work this weekend (to make up for those sick days- yuck), we are set to have a really nice weekend. We've got plans with my cousins both days (happy early birthday Matthew!) and our PREGNANT friends (only the wife is pregnant) is moving into an apartment only 3 blocks away. We are super psyched to have them in my neighborhood and we cannot wait for the baby to arrive (late March). And then its SuperBowl time- still bummed about the Packers but we're going to be good New Yorkers and cheer for the Giants.
It's time for the Nuepagen shot and then bed- and sleep! We are both tired and happy and grateful for everyone's support so far. Does anyone even read this anymore???? =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Haha. Always-it's on my Google reader :).
CONGRATS!
Congrats Casey and Jessica. So glad you made through.
By the way, Jessica, if you want to know how many people are reading your blog, blogpatrol.com will monitor how many readers/visitors you have (and it's free).
I am definitely still reading; I check it daily. I talk to Casey a lot, but I still love to read the updates. Thank you so much for continuing to post and share this experience with us. I am so thankful that chemo is over and I am anxious to get radiation started. Congrats to you both! You deserved a nice celebratory dinner.
That's great news you guys. We check in on the bolg all the time and are constantly thinking about you!
I've been reading since I found you on Erins blog. I have you on my favorites. Never posted! :( Congrats to Casey! I lost my mom 3 1/2 yrs ago to pancreatic cancer. Worst day of my life! My husband just lost his Aunt to cancer after years of the battle. I'm so happy for Casey and yourself that things are looking good. Enjoy every minute of every day! Have a great wkend! Go Giants! Glenda
I'm reading, I found you from Erin's blog too! My young husband (he's 32, I'm 27) is also going through cancer, and just finished 28 sessions of radiation and 4 weeks of constant chemo through infusion (plus a weekly boost). It has been hell. But he's through it and bouncing back quickly - and tomorrow we have his MRI to see what happened. worst part is waiting, right??? I understand a lot of what you're going through - but it sounds like you've got a great team of confident doctors, which is really all you can hope for with this.
I have a cancer blog too, but it's password-protected - if you ever want to read it, coming from someone else going through similar stuff, you're welcome to! just email me, i'll be glad to give you the info.
keep it up Jessica! and hang in there Casey, sounds like he's doing a great job.
oh, here's my email:
ckuretich@gmail.com
(I'm Christin!)
Are you kidding? I have the page in my favorites and check in every morning. Thank you for keeping us up to date. Congrats! We're so happy for you! - Selena
Good luck tomorrow Casey - I'll be sending you positive vibes all the way from Houston!
congrats! I can't believe he got to do all 12 of his chemo's in 12 weeks. That is awesome. mine were spaced 2 weeks apart so it took 6 months - but I live in the sticks so what can I say. Anyway, CONGRATS! This is awesome. oh yeah, liquid lortab (abt every 4 hours) is great during radiation if they are radiating his neck (or is it just his chest?). now, it takes time to get your energy back after all of this, so give it time - it's pretty common - so don't worry too much. And if you know someone with the BurnFree product - lifesaver during radiation especially if he has to have a 'boost'. oh and even when it is all said and done - try to avoid sick people for a year or so or he might find he is always sick. take care and know I am excited for you to be done soon!
Post a Comment