Wow, does it feel wonderful to type out that word- REMISSION! Yeah! Dr. Moskowitz reported that Casey's PET scan did not reveal ANY cancer. Even that one spot on his neck that came up positive at his last PET is gone. There is no more lymphoma! There was, however, a new hot spot in his lung. Dr. M thinks its likely pneumonia (Casey is a little sick and coughing up stuff), or some effect from the radiation. He does not, however, think it looks like any type of cancer. To be safe, Casey was given antibiotics, and Casey will get a CT scan in 6 weeks to look at that spot.
What a relief to have some good news. I actually cheated a little. I was sitting in the waiting room waiting to meet Casey, and one of Casey's doctors walked by. She stopped to chat, and I explained how nervous we had been about this appointment. She said to me, "Why? He's fine". I replied, "Are you actually telling me he's fine?" To that, she smiled, and said "YES!" So I cried, and the woman next to me cried, and I called Casey to tell him the good news, and well, he didn't believe me. He refused to be happy until he heard it from Dr. M and saw the films himself. Dr. M always takes us to the computer and shows us results on the screen. I really never understand what we are looking at but I think Casey appreciates the visual aid.
It was a great appointment. Dr. M congratulated Casey and told him to go out and celebrate. We certainly will. Tonight, we are going out with friends to celebrate our friend Rebecca's birthday, and we will certainly toast to health over some sangria and wine. This weekend is jam-packed with wedding activities. Our friends Cori and Scott are getting married, and there are lots of celebrations aside from the wedding. We are so glad that we can enjoy the weekend with family (mine) and friends and not have to worry for a while.
Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. We have really appreciate the support. I will continue to post periodically, and I'll definitely share some photos from the upcoming wedding. No more health updates until July- woohooo!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Woo-Hoo!!!!
Great news!
Lizzy
Congrats! Great news! Always a good feeling
Hi Jessica, I am so thrilled to hear about the great news!
I just recently read your comment on Erin's blog and felt so close to home. My boyfriend 32, has just been diagnosed with leukemia (CML) last week. At this point I don;t want to list the details, especially on an amazing day like this. However is there any way I can write to you regarding coping methods and support?
I am going through the first week frustrations right now and feel like my situation is quite close to yours.
All the best on this very special day!
Steph-
I am so sorry to hear about your boyfriend's disgnosis. The first week is the worst. It definitely gets easier once treatment plans are in action. Please feel free to email me at jaz05@aol.com. I don't know all that much specifically about CML but I do know plenty about being the girlrfiend during such a scary time. Take care.
Jessica
Jessica,
So happy that you guys can take a breather for now. Great news! Take care of yourselves! and enjoy every minute of every day! xoox
Post a Comment