Sunday, March 15, 2009

March 14, 2009

This past Saturday marked one year since Casey finished treatment for his Hodgins. He chose not to celebrate, but we were all together with his family and we quietly acknowledged that a whole year had passed since he had been sick. It's hard to believe it's been a year, but yet we're getting ready to fill out brackets again, which should be a reminder that it's mid-March, which is exactly when radiation ended. Casey's "Happy to be done with Treatment Party" took place smack in the middle of the NCAA tournament last year. I want to say it was during the elite 8 weekend, and Carolina definitely played that night, perhaps Tennessee? I can't remember, and I'm too lazy to check, but if anyone remembers, please fill me in.

It's been a good year. Casey's feeling well. He's enjoying Kentucky, and we see each other about once a month. He's loving being an uncle, and really enjoying living just a few hours away from his family (I miss him terribly though!).

Thanks for reading and keeping up! Please stay with us- we have a one-year scan coming up in April.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Hey baby-
We played Louisville, not Tennessee. That party was such a wonderful surprise-- I'll never forget it! Thank you so much; I love you so much-- Go Heels!

Love,
Casey

ckuretich said...

We just celebrated (like you - quietly, but happily) David's one-year since surgery March 12th. I guess you could call that the end of his treatments, because his post-op chemo got cut short because his body couldn't take it. But he is doing GREAT now and cancer-free, so we're hoping that was the right decision!

We also have a scan coming up in April - so I'll check back in with you guys. It's kind of nice to know we aren't going through it alone, and that there are others out there. Best of luck to the two of you!

-Christin