So Casey is half way done with radiation therapy. At first, spending every morning at the hospital was quite a hassle. Last week, he had his appointment first thing in the morning, which meant he was back in my apartment by 8:30AM. It was much more convenient, since he could get to work or do the things he wanted to get done. Unfortunately, the side effects have started to pop up. He has a mean sore throat that he can't seem to soothe. He's been using Ricola, drinking juice, and trying numbing spray, but he's still pretty uncomfortable.
Casey has been staying at my place during radiation, and we both thought that would mean spending lots of extra time together. Unfortunately, I am knee deep in a trial and my poor baby waits up late for me to come home. We do try to catch a few episodes of Friday Night Lights when I am home early enough, which we are so totally in love with.
Casey had a great weekend in Albany with his army buddy Joe. We've got a wedding coming up this weekend and a lot of fun stuff to look forward to. I can't wait to see how handsome he is with his shaved head and tuxedo. I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures.
Two weeks of radiation to go. We'll be glad when this is all behind us, but we are really grateful for everyone's continued support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Shaved head and a tux? now that's a great look. praying for you guys and hoping Casey can handle the side effects for the duration - stay strong!!
if it gets really bad, tell him to ask his DR. for a prescription for liquid lortab. It is a LIFESAVER! I took it every 4 hours at night to sleep (I'd automatically wake up at the 4 hour mark - it was ok because I'd take it, give the baby a bottle, and go back to bed), but mostly stayed away from it during the day as much as possible. I needed it until 2 weeks after radiation was over. They even have a great gargle you can use right before eating - it has benadryl in it - that's all I remember. Stay away from dairy - it makes you swallow more.
Congrats on finishing week 3! Only one more week to go!!!!!
We waited what feels like a lifetime for this week. It is finally here! I am so extremely proud of you both, and delighted to see such a radiant picture,knowing just a few days ago Casey was feelin badly. Casey, your strenth,courage,determination, and unbelieveable spirit, allows me to share your story with many who can benefit. Jessica, you are a pretty remarkable woman. Your love,kindness and compassion are unmatched, also an experience to help so many others. Words are truly not enough to express my feeling of joy, and gratefulness as we end this final week of radiation !!!I too,, hope the blog lives on!!! I love you guys so much!!love, Joan
Post a Comment