Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Aftermath of Round 3....

Surprisingly, Casey tolerated Round 3 very well. We had been prepared for some crazy nausea and such, but Casey really came through this one with flying colors. On Friday, he woke up a little queasy, but nothing too terrible. He ran errands, saw a movie, and was out and about all day. He got really tired around 5 PM, so he took a nap. He woke up from the nap still tired, but the boy was hungry, so he came out to dinner with me and my girlfriends. He seemed to have a nice time, and his appetite and stomach were ok. After dinner, he said his stomach felt a little funny, but we went to bed and there were no issues.

This morning, Casey was not feeling well when he woke up. Again, his stomach felt upset, and he was worried that he might vomit. But, he has some breakfast, took all his medicine, and after a nice morning nap, he was feeling ok. I think he's more tired than anything else. Currently, he is engrossed in a Carolina basketball game, and is feeling "so-so, not too bad".

I'm definitely relieved that this round did not hit him as hard as Dr. Moskowitz had expected!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Casey-
Your Mom sent me your blog information today... I guess she got tired of my asking "How's Casey?". I was pleased to read that you are doing so well. It sounds like you are handling everything like a champ. I really wouldn't expect any less. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I know you will overcome this hurdle.

We are in the midst of Christmas craziness at the Hoilman household in the big Spruce Pine. Troy wants a tool bench and digital camera and Emree wants a peeing baby and a talking princess vanity... where did I get her? If she didn't look so much like me, I's swear she wasn't mine! Can you believe my daughter is a priss?

It is great to read about you and Jessica and see all of your pictures. I hope all continues to go well... Take care!

Meredith

PS. Tessa (Pritchard) Taylor and I coached our childrens' soccer team this year... thought you could use a goog laugh!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog entry on Glamour and have been following you for a few days. I am not a big commenter but just know that I am praying for you both and checking in. I suppose that doesn't mean much from a stranger but I wanted you to know your blog entry had impact. Thank care and stay strong!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

SJL-
Comments from strangers are very important to us- it means we are impacting people that we didn't even realize were reading our story! Thanks for your comment and prayers.

Love,
Jessica