Hi all! After a rough treatment, we are very much ready for a new years celebration. Friday and Saturday were pretty rough on poor Casey- his stomach was NOT happy. I joined him in bed on Sat with a migraine of my own, so it all worked out. We had a really fabulous weekend after the tummy stuff died down. We headed to Long Island so Casey could finally play his X-Box 360 for the first time, and we had a dinner-and-a-movie date with my brother. Yesterday, Casey and my brother went to Jersey to see the Jets game, so I had a "girls" day with my mom, Aunt Lora, and like-an-Aunt Linda. We had lunch and saw PS I Love You, which was much sadder than I had anticipated, having read the book several years earlier. Hilary Swank was wonderful and very believable in s different sort of role for her.
Today, we woke up late, Casey played X-Box, and we have been ironing sheets for over an hour. I got him some sheets for Christmas that are the most wrinkly things I have ever seen come out of a dryer. Quite a project.
Tonight, we are headed to Astoria to ring in the new year with my cousins Debbie and Josh, and another couple. We are pretty excited for 2008, and we hope it brings health and luck for everyone. Thank you for staying with us and reading our story these past few months. Let's all pray for a healthy 2008. Happy New Year!
-Jessica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy New Year's Eve!!!! 2007 has been a heck of a year - big ups, and some serious downs. However, you have weathered the downs with courage, strength, acceptance, and confidence - and you will triumph this year with an all clear from Dr. M!!! I wish you both NOTHING but the best in 2008 - may all you are hoping for become true. Love you both - Mom
Happy New Year's!
Rachel
Happy New Years to both of you! -Kate
Casey and Jess - may 2008 bring you a year of health and happiness and clear PT Scans!
Post a Comment