We are finishing up the end to a very lovely weekend. Friday, Casey was feeling a little under the weather, so he took it easy, did some laundry, and then came into the city to see a movie with me and my friend Janis. We saw Juno, which was hilarious- I definitely recommend it. On Saturday, we went to my family's Hannukah party, which was a lot of fun. I have a lot of aunts, uncles, and cousins, and its always a lot of fun when we get together. It was also the first time most of them had seen Casey since the diagnosis, and I think everyone was surprised that he looks so great. Really, he looks completely normal. His hair is still in tact, and when he has energy, he is really his normal self. So there was a LOT of eating, talking, laughing, playing with the babies, etc. A very happy Hannukah.
Today has been very very lazy. We are both still in pjs, and it is 4PM. We've watched football, and relaxed, and in a little while we are going to get dressed and hit Barnes and Nobles because I just can't sit in my tiny box of an apartment for a whole day!
We are a little anxious for the week ahead- Thursday's treatment will be the same as Round 1, which was really tough on him (remember when he developed the aversion to nachos?). Also, he'll get a chest x-ray on Thursday, which will tell us if the mass is shrinking yet. So, there is a lot ahead of us, on top of Christmas shopping, so it's very exciting.
I hope everyone is having a nice and relaxing Sunday...
Love,
Jessica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Jessica,
I just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you and Casey constantly and saying prayers. I am glad to hear that he is feeling well. Hope to talk to you soon.
Love,
Jill
Jessica/Casey,
I just wanted to stop by & wish you luck this week! I hate "scanxiety", as I call it - I'll be crossing my fingers for good news!
Love,
Laura (from the Glamour blogs/comments)
---------------------------
www.castlemans.blogspot.com
www.carepages.com - "LauraKukucka"
Best of luck this week Casey & Jessica!
Post a Comment