So Round 8 is behind us, but not without a few obstacles! Casey went into Round 8 with a little cold. Dr. M assured him this was not a problem, and said he could proceed with chemo as planned. It was quite a field trip, as my mother and my brother accompanied Casey to Sloan yesterday. Casey got his chemo, and then they all went back to my apartment to wait for me to get home from work. I came home to Mom and Rob on my couch, and Casey asleep in my bed. They had given him some Benedryl which made him sleepy.
Later, we met my cousin Matthew (he's the one whose face is cut off in the picture) for dinner. Casey was really quiet during dinner, but I figured it was from the Benedryl. That night, Casey decided to go back to LI with my mom and brother. He had wanted to get to work today. This was the first chemo night we spent apart. It also happened to be the first chemo night where he experienced a fever and chills. Of course, that sent me into a panic. Had we been together, I would have called the emergency oncall doc (he is supposed to do that when his temp goes above 100.1). But, he did not call me to tell me his fever had gone up, and therefore I didn't find out until the morning. He had a rough night, and today he called the doctor, and they called in a Z-pack to his local pharmacy. He is feeling a lot better today, but not 100%. I am also fighting a cold, which is not helpful.
The funniest part- Casey's legs are going bald. He has some spots that are completely hairless, but some parts still have hair. He's still adorable.
Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes.
Love,
Jessica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment