Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Another Post from Casey

Exciting news! Jessica's blogging talent has landed her a spot as a guest blogger on Glamour Magazine's website for the day! We are both very thankful for the opportunity to share our story of dealing with cancer with as many as possible in the hope that it will provide some comfort to those dealing with obstacles in their own lives. Many thanks for the support and prayers; they really make a difference. Don't forget to check out Jess's Glamour blog, it will be up for the rest of today. Round 3 of chemo tomorrow-- wish me luck!

http://www.glamour.com/lifestyle/blogs/editor/

-Casey

11 comments:

Obsessedwithlife said...

Very cool! Thanks for sharing your story. I am a 3-time young adult (24) survivor of Askin's tumor (spinal cord tumor). I will continue to follow your blog.

Feel free to check out mine too at: http://iamobsessedwithlife.blogspot.com/

Prayers and hope,
Rachel

rgp said...

Hey Casey and Jessica,

I read Erin's blog everyday and after reading Jessica's post I went straight to your blog and read every post. I'm sure my employer would be thrilled! : ) You both will be in my prayers and thoughts, thank you so much for sharing with all of us! I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed that Casey's treatment continues to go well. I wish you both the very best of luck!
Rachel P - WDC

Melissa said...

Jess & Casey-
I also read Erin's blog each day and hopped right on over here after reading your story today. I, too, am a young cancer survivor. It sounds like you have a great outlook and are providing a wonderful support system for each other. Know that you and your family will remain in my thoughts. I wish you both health and happiness.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I also read about you on Erin's blog. Best of luck to both of you - we'll be thinking of you!

-Kate in Chicago

Jon Gershon said...

Casey and Jessica,

I too just read your story on Erin's blog. I was diagnosed with CML at age 33. I sometimes forget how hard a cancer diagnosis can be on our caregivers, especially my wife and parents. All of the young cancer survivors seem to have their own blog and I am no exception. Mine is jongershon.blogspot.com

Best of luck,

Jon

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow, you will do great. You have a wonderful lady looking after you (I just read her blog on the Glamour website).

Chrissy
25
2.5 year CML survivor

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica and Casey,

I, too read Erin's blog daily and I already posted a response to the blog today, however I have a helpful hint for Casey...I was reading your past blogs and read that he was having some bone pain from the Neupogen. I had shots of Neulasta and Neupogen and taking Claritin once a day works to off-set the pain. Don't ask my why, or how it works, but I had incredible bone pain after my first shot. After that someone told me about the Claritin and I always took it and it worked wonderfully. It's a little pricey, but definitely worth every penny! Hope this hint helps. Take care - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Julia (2 time Hodgkin's Survivor)

Melisa said...

Hi Jessica and Casey,

I read Erin's blog daily too and came right to your blog today. I read each entry. I just wanted to let you know I am praying for you both. Take Care and good luck with the treatment.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
It's really incredible that you are able to offer comfort and touch to so many people around the country. I am glad you have been feeling good Casey and CONGRATULATIONS on passing the Bar!!! You and Rory have to go out for a celebratory drink. Love to you both.
xoxo
Maggie

Linda Annapolen said...

Dear Casey and Jess,
I cannot believe that you wrote on the Glamour blog. You have always been a terrific writer, even as a little girl. Your words will give lots of people courage, strength and hope.
Good luck tomorrow Casey. I hope it is fast and easy. You are a true soldier.
With love and support,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Great entry Jessica on Erin's blog! You and Casey are so sweet and wonderful for each other! You are lucky to have each other to lean on and wonderful family and friends also. Stay positive and fight the tough battle with all of your heart and strength. I am cheering you on and praying all goes well. Keep us posted... :)