Hey all! I've gotten a lot of grief for not posting at all this weekend, but the truth is, we really had so much fun this weekend, there wasn't much time for sitting around by the computer. Casey came to Manhattan Friday night with so much energy. He had taken a little nap after work, so he was ready energized Friday night. We went to a 9:30 movie, which is ridiculously late for him right now (and me, actually, on a Friday). I must confess, we saw Fred Claus, and that was a mistake. But he felt well enough to go, in the rain even, so it was fun.
Saturday we continued our fun-filled weekend. He rested while I ran out for a manicure with a friend (hi Beth!), and then we met up with cousin's Debbie and Josh for lunch. Debbie knit Casey the cutest hat- it fits perfectly and he loves it- thank you Debbie! Then, we went to see Casey's army buddy and his sister, who were in the city for the day. We rested in the apartment for about an hour, opened a bottle of wine, and then went out for our pre-chemo dinner. Really Saturday night was an excuse to go to a restaurant that we love that is a teeny bit upscale, but we did toast to starting chemo and getting rid of the cancer.
By Sunday, we were still going strong. We watched the Packers game at a bar with some friends/cousins, and then went to ANOTHER movie. This time it was Lions for Lambs. Casey enjoyed it a lot more than me. By the time that ended, we were both exhausted, so we stayed in the rest of the night, ordered in, and watched television. He got to stay over Sunday night since he was off for Veterans Day. Well, not really off, he had to make a little trip to the "bank" to make another "deposit".
The weekend was really great. We started to talk about the holidays. I was able to change Casey's Thanksgiving plane ticket from Wednesday to Thursday, so if he feels up to it, he will be heading home to NC for Thanksgiving. As for Christmas, we have decided to drive. It's 11.5 hours from NYC, but we'll be able to take our time and not have to worry about canceling plane tickets at the last minute if G-d forbid he is sick. But it's Christmas, there is not much that will keep him from going home for Christmas!
We are concentrating on getting emotionally ready for Wednesday. I think we are there, and ready to start fighting. Thanks again to everyone for your thoughts and prayers, and for continuing to read. We really appreciate all the comments- we call each other every time there is a new one!
Casey promises to post one of these days, so stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you guys had a great weekend. You deserve it.
It's funny your post should mention Thanksgiving and North Carolina. On Friday and Saturday following Thanksgiving I will be attending two UNC games here in Vegas. I may even cheer for UNC in one game in honor of Casey, as much as it pains me.
Also, I kind of like the idea of Lance Armstrong's yellow bracelets for cancer awareness. So, in honor of Casey, I ordered some Carolina blue bracelets similar to Lance's yellow ones. The bracelets say "Golden Boy Arrowood" (we always called Casey the Golden Boy in law school because he always beat the hell out of the rest of us...). I will be wearing mine until Casey finishes chemo. I have four left if any of you Casey supporters want one. They're pretty cool and help me keep Casey always in my thoughts and prayers.
Links to pics of bracelet (hope they work--add the two lines together, they wouldn't fit on one line--if not, I may need to email to Jessica to post):
aycu02.webshots.com/
image/34801/2005679498052198541_rs.jpg
aycu10.webshots.com/
image/33729/2005625161927502337_rs.jpg
Good luck on Wednesday, Casey. We'll be praying for you as always.
Jeff
Post a Comment