Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

Hi all! Sorry I have not posted in a while. Casey took care of Thursday, and I guess I was just being lazy the rest of the weekend. Plus, fortunately, Casey had a great weekend (health wise) so there was nothing earthshattering to report.

Thanksgiving at my Aunt Hedy's house was really great. There were tons of people, tons of food, and we had a really nice time. Casey felt well, which made the day very special. Thursday night I got to give Casey his first injection of Neupagen. He (and I) did rather well, and he then trusted me to give him the shots for the rest of the weekend. I am quite proud of my handiwork.

Friday was quiet- we laid low in the morning and then saw a movie with my brother (August Rush- entertaining and happy, but probably won't get any nominations). After the movie, we stopped at Walmart, and picked up some Christmas wrapping paper, which made Casey VERY happy. He is so excited for Christmas! Then, we drove around and around trying to find a good place to eat. We are not familiar with Casey's area so we kept driving to find something we might like. Finally, we found a Cheesecake Factory, which totally made our day. He dropped me off to put our name down, and to my dismay, the place was only open for training! So disappointing. So we kept driving, and Casey thought it would be nice to go to Outback. Somehow, after 20 more minutes of driving north, we found one!

On Saturday, we did our own things, as I had some Maid of Honor things to do for Cori's wedding, and Casey did some cleaning and resting. Last night, we had a special dinner with my Uncle David and cousins Evan and Josh. Aunt Lora was out of town, but we missed her! My parents brought some balloons since we really had not acknowledged Casey passing the bar, and Aunt Lora actually sent Casey a present too- some cozy pajamas that he tried on and LOVES. Thanks guys! Dinner was fun, as it always is with that crowd, and we left happy and stuffed.

Today was quiet. I stayed in bed most of the morning with a headache- and Casey felt great and watched football. We had a nice lunch, and then after Casey's final injection, I packed up and headed for the train. It was sad to leave Casey after having spent every day with him since Tuesday. I don't have to wait too long, since he'll be back Wednesday night. Ultimately, Casey felt great all weekend. He's having a little "bone pain" in his hips and thighs, but nothing that is holding him down. With the exception of all the pills and the nightly injections, you would never know he is sick!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

test!