There is nothing new or exciting to report, but I skipped last night, so I figured I would check in for any of you who are following our story. Casey has been going for tests every day. The CT scan of his abdomen and groin did not show any masses, but there were some small irregularities that the PT scan will clear up on Tuesday. The most eventful part of the CT scan was when the nurse pierced Casey's vein with the contrast IV. As in, she went all the way through to the other side of his vein. She had to give up and let someone else take over. The result was Casey had a sore swollen arm that hurt him all night. People need to be careful with those veins! They are precious channels where the chemo will travel to melt away all the masses.
Casey and Cathy slept over my place last night so that they could get to the early morning appointment today at Sloan (EKG and pulmonary function test). As a treat, my mother came for dinner in and we all went to a cute little italian place very close to my apartment. The sleepover went well too- it's amazing that the sleeper-sofa has enough space to pull out in my teeny apartment.
Today was quite uneventful. I haven't seen Casey since he kissed me goodbye this morning when he left for his appointment. I won't see him again until a family dinner tomorrow night. Tomorrow will be the first weekend morning in a long time that I will wake up by myself. With all that has been happening, the weekends have offered up some peace and quiet, and no doctors appointments. On the weekend, we take turns going out to get coffee, and drink it in bed. When its my turn, I stop at the bakery and get freshly made doughnuts. Lately, since cancer came into our lives, I've been getting Casey special treats at the bakery to make up for his loss of appetite. Last weekend, he got a Halloween cupcake and Halloween sprinkled doughnut. I'll miss bringing him a treat tomorrow.
But, tomorrow Casey and Cathy are off to see Wicked. They are very excited. I am off to a friend's bridal shower, and then to Long Island for the dinner. I'll post more after the weekend- thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment