Thursday, November 22, 2007

A message from Casey!!!

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving! As promised, Jessica relinquished her blog duties to me for the day.

Yesterday was round 2 of chemo at Sloan and it couldn't have gone more smoothly. After the initial blood work was done, we went to see Emily (Dr. Moskowitz’s nurse). She taught Jess and I how to give me injections and after a few practice tries, we began to get the hang of it. Then Dr. Moskowitz examined me and asked how I was doing, and then off we went to get chemo treatment. The treatment took practically no time at all and then we were out the door. Luckily for me, the short-term side effects of this week’s treatment are supposed to be very mild. After the treatment, I was feeling really good and so Jess I decided to walk back to her apartment from the hospital instead of taking a cab. The rest of the day was spent relaxing. I tried to nap and Jess caught up on some work. Once the holiday traffic slowed down, Jess and I headed to Long Island to have dinner with her family.

Today I am feeling really great! Jess and I went for a little jog this morning and now we are getting ready to spend the holiday at Jess’s aunt’s house. I must say that it is difficult not being able to spend Thanksgiving with my own family. I miss them and love them dearly! And although I wish I was on my way to a turkey dinner in North Carolina, I am very thankful that Jess’s family has once again opened their door to me and included me in their holiday celebration.

There really is so much for me to be thankful for this year. Thanks to all of you for the support, heartfelt prayers, and good karma that you have shown to me and my family. I am truly overwhelmed with gratitude for all that each of you has done for me. Thank you and best wishes for wonderful Thanksgiving!


-Casey

No comments: