Thursday, November 15, 2007

Casey Passed the Bar!!!!

After a pretty sleepless night, Casey woke up to some good news. At 9AM, he found out he passed the New York State bar exam. Now, I know that this is not a huge surprise- we all thought he was going to pass. But, the fact that he prepared for this exam and sat for the exam for TWO days while his body was fighting Hodgkins is pretty impressive. He recalls that when taking the PMBR practice exam, he coughed so badly during it he had to take the test in the lobby!

Casey definitely felt some of the side effects of his first round of chemo. His stomach was upset last night, all night, and most of today. So far, nothing too exciting, just an overall queasy feeling. I was the evil girlfriend who insisted he eat breakfast and drink juice and Gatorade when it was the very last thing he felt like doing. He took it easy all day, and he said he started to feel better in the evening after a shower. He felt well enough to ask for Indian food! And his appetite was fine during dinner, and his stomach feels much better.

I think we made it through Round 1. The chemo itself was easy, and I think we have mastered all the pills he takes and when. Next week is supposed to be a little worse. After Wednesday's chemo, his counts will drop, and he'll need to give himself the injections. That could be rough, since Thursday is Thanksgiving, which will mean turkey ham and football. I'll make sure that Casey feels like he is around family, even though he won't get to be in North Carolina.

No comments: