Tuesday, November 6, 2007

pet scan

Today was Casey's PT scan. He went all by himself. He said it was okay. He had to drink a lot of liquid before the test that he wasn't too thrilled with. He had an IV and then laid on a table that ran through the scanner several times. The whole thing took over three hours so I felt like I was waiting forever to hear from him. Afterward, he really wasn't feeling well. The drink had hurt his stomach, and again, he was super exhausted. He napped for a while (that is, after he put in a few hours at work- the kid works so hard!). By 9, he seemed fine!

Hopefully tomorrow we'll hear some good news about the results. Let's pray for no cancer below the diaphragm! I want to thank everyone for all your prayers and support. Casey has people praying for him across the country. There are people praying in San Diego, in Chicago, in NYC, in Rochester, in Buffalo, in Albany, on Long Island, and in North Carolina. I hear there are a bunch of people praying in Catawbah County! Thanks for keeping Casey in your prayers. Every prayer has been helping, and has been making us stronger. Casey is in wonderful spirits still. He is learning as much as he can from this experience, and is really not angry at all. He feels lucky to have so many special people in his life.

6 comments:

Hana Stacia said...

Dear Jessica,
add Wisconsin and London to your list of where God has people praying for you..Casey...and your families..
It is so thoughtful of you to take time to write these updates...we really appreciate it...and do pray the Lord blesses you for it...
i hope to meet you and your family someday...
please give dear casey a hug for us.
with love and prayers,
casey's "aunt" linda
and Uncle Larry
in wisconsin
at the throne of grace
Hebrews 4:16
Numbers 6:24-26
(the Lord bless you and Keep you...
and give you His Peace)
Casey's grandmother is in Wisconsin
praying too...with lots of love!

M,K,E,N said...

and praying in London!
And i'm gonna pray for NO cancer even above that diaphragm. Our God is a healer and can do miraculous things.

I am thankful you are there, Jessica, and being strong for this family. Thank you for your blog posts.

Sara Wallitt said...

I just spent an hour at work catching up on the enire blog! I have you bookmarked and will be checking daily now. Jess, thanks for writing the blog - it really is a great way to keep those of us in far away places in the loop.

I am impressed and inspired at the grace and strength you are both showing. Your amazing attitudes are going to get you through this - and, after this, anything that is thrown your way will seem easy in comparison. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jetchro said...

Jessica and Casey,

Add Las Vegas to the list!

Thanks so much for the blog, Jessica. It's a great way to stay up to date without pestering you and Casey with emails.

Keeping you in our prayers.

Go 'heels.

Jeff and Rachelle Hulet (and cubs)

Unknown said...

Dont forget about Washington D.C.! Casey - I hope you know that I think about you and Jess every day and truly admire your strength.

hopeless romantic said...

It was soooo good to see you last night darlin...I'll be here reading everyday and praying just as often.